FAQs / Help
- What is the Royal Mint Experience?
The Royal Mint Experience is a visitor attraction located in South Wales, approximately 12 miles north-west of Cardiff. It comprises a factory experience, interactive exhibition, 90 seat café, gift shop and education/corporate space.
- How long will a visit take?
The average visit to The Royal Mint Experience will last approximately 2 hours. The factory experience is guided, the duration of which is 45 minutes. The interactive exhibition is self-guided and duration depends upon pace and level of interest.
- What does my admission ticket cover?
Your ticket includes the guided factory experience and admission into the exhibition.
- Are there optional extras?
Optional extras, for which additional charges apply, include:
Strike your Own Coin – the opportunity to strike your own coin as a lasting memento of your visit.
- Are there any discounts available?
There are discounts available for students, senior citizens and pre-booked groups of 15 and above on all general Admission tickets. Students will be required to produce valid student ID.
- Should I book in advance?
We strongly recommend that you pre-book your tickets online. This guarantees you get the entry time and date you want.
- What are your opening times?
The Royal Mint Experience is open all year but please check in advance for seasonal changes and Christmas opening hours. Current opening times can be found here
- Is there parking?
All parking is free. The car park is located just past the Royal Mint extrance on the left. There is also free coach parking available. Disabled parking bays are located in The Royal Mint Experience car park.
- How accessible is the site?
The Royal Mint Experience and factory experience are on ground level.
- Is there a lot of walking?
There is a walk from the car park to The Royal Mint Experience. The factory experience is a walking tour. Limited rest stops are available in the interactive exhibition.
- Is the site all under cover?
Both the factory experience and exhibition are under cover. Areas not under cover are the walk from the car park to the Experience and the walk from the Experience to the factory.
- Is assistance available?
Please contact us in advance of your visit if you require special assistance and we will do our very best to help. Telephone +44 (0)333 24 12 223 (Monday-Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm)
- Are there discounts for people with registered disabilities?
Yes, a free carer ticket is available to any customer who requires essential assistance to visit*. One free carer’s ticket can be booked for each paying disabled visitor wehn booking a general admission ticket; proof of entitlement will be required. We accept the following:
- A letter/notice of entitlement for Disability Living Allowance
- A letter from your doctor
- A blue parking badge
- A Metro Disabled Pass, London Councils Disabled Persons Freedom Pass
*This excludes VIP tours due to maximum capacity of 8, however we offer a 25% reduction on carer tickets. Please contact [email protected] to book this ticket.
- Do you have an ATM?
Unfortunately, there is not an ATM on site.
- What cards do you/don’t you accept?
All major debit/credit cards are accepted – Visa /Maestro /MasterCard/American Express.
- Are there gluten/dairy free/vegetarian options available?
Staff in the café will endeavour to accommodate all dietary requirements.
- Can I eat or drink within the exhibition?
Food and drink is not permitted in the factory experience or interactive exhibition.
- Can I hold an event at The Royal Mint Experience?
Yes, subject to availability, space can be booked within The Royal Mint Experience for meetings and corporate events. Please contact us on [email protected]
- Is photography or filming allowed in The Royal Mint Experience?
Photography and filming are not permitted in the Factory Experience. Your host will advise the areas in which photography is permitted.
- Will I be able to have a tour in Welsh?
Tours are available in Welsh but must be pre-booked and subject to availability. Please contcat [email protected] for more details.